Ryanair launches branded prepaid MasterCard UK CUSTOMERS CAN NOW SAVE EVEN MORE ON RYANAIR
Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (12th Sept) announced that it will introduce the‘Ryanair Cash Passport’,
a MasterCard prepaid card managed by Access Prepaid Worldwide, in the UK, from 4th October 2011. Ryanair’s £6 admin fee will not apply to UK bookings completed with Ryanair Cash Passport
from 4th October onward. All UK bookings made with any other UK MasterCard prepaid card will attract Ryanair’s £6 admin fee from 1st November 2011 onwards. The Ryanair Cash Passport
will deliver the following benefits for cardholders:
· The card purchase fee of £6 will be reimbursed to Ryanair passengers since each cardholder will receive a £6 Ryanair travel voucher. There will be no admin fees on any Ryanair bookings.
· No transaction fees will be levied on cardholders for any payments made on the Ryanair.com website.
· As a special introductory offer for all Ryanair cardholders, there will be no transaction fees on any UK purchases until 31st March 2012.
· The Ryanair Cash Passport offers a convenient and secure way to carry money abroad, make purchases and make ATM withdrawals.
· Free card top-ups can be made at www.cashpassport.com/ryanair
Just like a debit card, the Ryanair Cash Passport
can also be used for ATM withdrawals, online and high-street purchases at more than 32 million locations worldwide (that display the Mastercard Acceptance Mark). The Ryanair Cash Passport
will be rolled out in other European countries in the coming months. Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said: “Only Ryanair delivers the lowest airfares and no fuel surcharges guaranteed. Now all UK passengers can access even more great savings with the ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’, which is available to UK passengers directly from Ryanair.com. Ryanair’s £6 admin fee will not apply to any bookings made with ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’ and there are no transaction charges for using the card at UK merchants until 31st March 2012, so we recommend that UK passengers make the switch to ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’ as soon as possible to take advantage of the no fee offer.” Access Prepaid Worldwide’s, Debra Janssen said: “We are delighted to be working with Ryanair to develop this exciting ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’ prepaid product for their UK passengers, allowing them to ensure they are using a trusted and approved product that will deliver real savings every time they purchase a Ryanair flight.